my fitness pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hubbys co-worker gifts

Every year about in September I start my thinkin' about what I am gonna do for hubbys gifts. I usually peek around the internet and see what fun ideas there are. On splitcoaststampers.com  someone had posted in the gallery pics of their Grinch candy canes, so I thought it was so cute, and I would make some.

I went searching my local stores and online for green candy canes. It seems like most come in packages with other colors. I found these. They had the most green in one package.

I did find some candy canes that are new this year, the Shreck ones. But they have pics of him all over the wrapper ( they are cute) but I didn't want that.

Next up, making the tags to hang off the candy canes. I wanted to do the saying on one side & a picture of the Grinch on the other. So I went to my avery program. I am not sure the number of the label, but 6 fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. I think the label size is 4 x 3 1/2. Here is how they turned out.



I need 18 so I printed 3 of each. Then I cut them to size, I just eyeballed it.

I got some card stock ( i used wild wasabi from stampin' up) I cut them to 3 1/4 x 4 1/4. That is 6 per page.

Next i grabbed a color box ink in skarlett and inked the edges on both the saying and the grinch paper. Please excuse my dirty craft table :)


 Then I got a glue stick and glued the grinch on one side of the green card stock & the saying on the other.

Next I got a hole punch and punched a hole in the upper corner.


I got some red fun fir and cut 4 to 5 inch pieces and strung that through the hole and tied it around the candy cane.

 WOW all done!!!


I have this santa can I made several years ago out of a coffee can. It is the perfect way to transport candy canes so they don't get tangled up or broken. Love it :):):) The handle makes it super handy!!!


Candy canes all ready to go!!!

Now.... what to do with all the red ones??? LOL


Have a super day.
Connie

No comments: