my fitness pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yummy Sugar Scrub :)

I have been playing again. I ran out of one kind of sugar scrub & needed to make some more. This time I wanted to make the emulsified kind. It has oils, butters & some awesome additives.
First step- to melt all the oils & butters together.



Everything is melted.



Next I have to let the oils cool down. If I added the sugar now I would have a mess!! The oils would melt the sugar and it wouldn't be scrubby:(
So ya just gotta let it cool way down. I whip it for a bit then put it in the fridge. I do this several times.



I put a towel over the bowl while I am whipping the oils. Once the oils cool & are thicker it doesn't slash as much. Whip it-whip it good :) ( Love Devo).



So here are some of the goodies I am going to add. Coffee grounds, ground roses, ground peppermint, ground calendula & ground oats & lavender. And of chorse lots of white sugar.



OOOHHHHHH it is getting nice & fluffy :) Sorry I get giddy over these kind of things!!! I also added Moroccan Red Clay.



This is the last time I whipped it today. I let it sit over night & will tinker with it some more tomorrow.



Here it is day two. I added the Eucalyptus & Peppermint Essential oils. It is ready to use. If you want the recipe just e-mail me. Homemade skincare ROCKS!!!!!!!



Have fun,
Connie

No comments: