my fitness pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, March 19, 2012

Planting peppers :)

Oh what a happy day. It's time to start my peppers. I wanted to really try my hand at starting more of my vegtable plants. A few weeks ago I started some broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. Some of the broccoli came up, they were started with older seeds. Then I went and got some new seeds and put them in place of the ones that didn't sprout. Some of the cauliflower sprouted, but not all. On the cabbage, they all sprouted and all were with the new seeds. So on the ones that never did sprout I will go ahead and buy plants when it is time.

The past few years I have grown a few green peppers. Last year I had more of them and not wanting to waste I sliced them up, put them in zip lock bags and put them in the freezer. I had enough of them to keep me going until around Christmas time. So this year I am starting lots. I love having them, I find I do use them in lots of my recipes. Like salsa ,chicken spagetti , enchiladas and lots more. So this year I am going a little pepper crazy and starting a bunch.


So here are the totals

Burpee-sweet pepper -big dipper-12
Burpee-sweet pepper-california wonder -12
Burpee-jalapeno m-6
Burpee-hot-pepper-peppernocini greek-6

Connie

No comments: