my fitness pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, October 15, 2010

Square Pumpkins



I saw the cute pumpkins out in ciber land somewhere, and thought I want to make those. So I went to Lowes and got a 2x4. I had my hubby cut the wood pieces.



The sizes I wanted are 2" for the stem, 7" for the pumpkin top & bottom, and 8" for the pumpkin middle. So 5 pieces altogether.



Next I went to my local craft store and picked up some 2 sided paper and some orange paint.



I forgot to show all the steps lol. Cut the wood and sanded the rough edges, painted the sides of the wood blocks with the orange paint, then sanded again. the stem piece I painted a brown. Next I added the paper. I used modge podge to adhere the papers to the wood blocks. I used Aleens tacky glue to glue the wood blocks together. I let them sit over night.



I also added some fall leaves & ribbon I got from the craft store.



I was able to make 3 total pumpkins from the one 2x4. Super easy & fun to make.

Happy Autumn :)
Connie

No comments: