my fitness pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Monday, February 18, 2013

Peeps Bunting

I wanted to make another bunting for my living room window. I think they are so cute & really add some holiday or seasonal fun. I think peeps are cute and went out searching for a pattern. I found one here. I printed it out but decided to make it a little bigger. So I just penciled in about another 1/4 inch around and it worked great.

I needed to get some felt so I went to Joann and got some.


First, I folded the felt in half and pinned the pattern to it.



I liked it ok but thought it might be a little easier to trace around it , then cut it out.





You can turn them over and you won't even see the black. I cut the rest of them out this way.


Now it's time to add the eyes & nose. I used the eraser on a pencil and dark brown paint. I dipped the eraser in the paint each time I made an eye or nose.




I let the paint dry for and hour or so, before I glued them together. I wanted them to be sturdier so I glued two together.



Next I went to my stash and found a piece of ribbon. I measured the middle and spread the peeps out evenly and glued them down.


I thought it turned out cute but I wanted to add a little somethin' else. A little more color. I have been seeing all the pom-poms around and thought that's it. So I picked out a few bright yarns and went to it. I made the pom-poms the old fashion way of just wrapping the yarn around my fingers. It's quick & easy.




I glued the pom-poms to the ribbon and.............. all done.

I will be hanging it out on my front window for Easter the first part of March. I will have to hang something for St. Pattys too since they both are in March this year.



This bunting was fun and easy to make. 
It was was inexpensive to make too.
Felt-----Joann----- 34 cents each---------x3
Ribbon-------my stash
Yarn---------my stash
Paint---------my stash
pencil--------have lots
glue-----------my stash

Connie :)
















No comments: